|About Taylorsville, Utah
The City of Taylorsville was incorporated on July 1, 1996 through
the grassroots efforts of citizens who developed a vision that would
provide greater local control of community planning, economic development,
and municipal service delivery. With approximately 60,100 residents,
the city is the eighth largest in Utah and the fourth largest in Salt
Lake Valley. The central location in the Salt Lake Valley is ideal,
with easy access to Interstate 215, Interstate 15, and the light rail
system. It is also within 15 minutes of the Salt Lake International
Taylorsville has a thriving business base. Companies like American
Express, Convergys Corporation, Abbott Critical Care, Data Chem Laboratories,
Unibase Data Entry and Nelson Laboratories have discovered the city's
advantages, including no franchise taxes.
Central to the education community is the Salt Lake Community College.
More than 24,000 matriculated students from around the valley are
taking courses. The Community College has the second largest student
body in the Utah system of higher education. ITT Technical Institute,
Taylorsville High School and several junior high schools emphasize
Taylorsville's focus on education.
Taylorsville's community pride is expressed in many different ways
- well groomed yards, friendly hello's, but possibly the most apparent
expression of community pride is volunteerism. Several hundred volunteers
make up numerous city committees and thousands more are involved in
city events, religious undertakings and educational activities.
List of Attractions / Features:
- Outdoor Recreation:
Snowmobiling, Mountain Biking, Fishing, Hunting, etc.
- Taylorsville Dayzz
- Taylorsville/Bennion Heritage Center: This unique local
museum is in the former Jones home. Inside are period furnishings
typical of the early 19th century, the approximate time the
home was built. Come listen to the antique Sonora Victrola;
see the original claw foot bathtub and pull chain water closet.
Take a peek at the old coal stove from the "Good Old
Days" era, and listen to the docent tell of Taylorsville/Bennion
history since 1848.
of West Valley City
- In Nearby Salt Lake City: Mormon Tabernacle Choir, Ballet
& Modern Dance, Utah Symphony & Opera, Temple Square
Concert Series, International Piano Competition, several professional
theater companies, improv comedy, D.R. Puppets' Theatre.
- For more info go to http://www.utah.com/arts/
and see Salt Lake City, or call Salt Lake City Arts Council
at (801) 596-5000.
see Salt Lake City.
- Valley Fair Mall: 3601 South 2700 West, West Valley City
- Jordan Landing: 7301 South 4000 West, West Jordan
- Fashion Place Mall: 6191 South State, Murray
- Family Center: 5600 - 6300 south Redwood Road
Outlets, Park City
- 15 minutes south of the Salt Lake International Airport,
easy access to Interstate Highways 215 and 15, and bus and
light rail system
- Utah Transportation
- Pioneer Valley Hospital West 3460 South 4155 West West Valley,
- Intermountain Health Care (IHC) Medical Center Campus 5300
South 100 West Murray, Utah
- St Marks Hospital 1200 East 3900 South Salt Lake City
- Taylorsville Parks & Recreation: